Apoplexy is uncontrolled bleeding that resulting in loss of consciousness and paralysis of various parts of the body. When this term is used alone it is often considered as cerebro vascular bleeding, occurs when an artery or blood vessel which carries blood in the brain is blocked or broken.
Conditions like stroke or subarachnoid hemorrhage sometimes called apoplexy.
Causes of cerebral stroke
- Sudden variation in blood pressure
- Brain tumor
- Blood clot
- Blood coagulation disorders
- Blood vessel abnormality such as weakening of the blood vessel
- Hormonal imbalance
- Acute exhausting illness
Risk factors of cerebral stroke
- Increasing age – people with increased ager are more prone to apoplexy
- Hereditary – people with family history of apoplexy are at increased risk
- Race – the risk of apoplexy is among Africans is twice than Caucasians
- High blood pressure – hypertension is the most important risk factor of the apoplexy
- Smoking – cigarette smoking plays an important role when we talk about risk factors of apoplexy. The nicotine and carbon monoxide in tobacco smoke reduces the oxygen in the blood and also damage the walls of blood vessels, and makes clots more likely to form which increases the risk of apoplexy.
- Heart disease – people with coronary heart disease are at more risk than people with normal functioning of the heart.
- Diabetes – people with diabetes have more chances to develop apoplexy
- Coronary artery disease – coronary arteries supply blood to the brain, they get narrowed by fatty deposition from artherosclerosis , and may become blocked by clot which results in to apoplexy or stroke.
- High blood cholesterol – high levels of low density cholesterol and triglycerides increase the risk of apoplexy.
10. Physical inactivity and obesity – increases the risk of developing hypertension, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, which may ultimately result in to apoplexy.
11. Liver disease – causes increased risk of bleeding
Symptoms of cerebral stroke
- Vision loss
- Difficult speech
- Difficulty in writing anything
- Involuntary urination
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Double vision
- Mental confusion
- Great fatigue
Diagnosis of cerebral stroke
In order to diagnose apoplexy following investigations can be done
- Blood test
- CT scan
- Urine test
- Ultrasound examination
Homeopathic treatment of cerebral stroke
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat cerebral stroke but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat cerebral stroke that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of cerebral stroke:
Aconite Nap. –remarkable remedy for cerebral stroke, it is the first remedy to be employed in sudden and violent attack
Baryta carb – it is a very useful remedy in this case where bleeding is associated with one sided paralysis
Kali brom – this remedy is indicated when there is sudden rupture of blood vessels in the brain with paralysis and comma
Opium – excellent medicine for apoplexy; comma and obstructed respiration; patient lies down; loss of consciousness with eyes half open after the brain hemorrhage.
Pituitrinum – well known medicine for cerebral stroke; checks the cerebral hemorrhage; helps in the absorption of blood clots; apoplexy due to hypertension.
Zincum met – acts well in the cases of cerebral stroke; brain fag; paralysis of the brain
Hyoscscyamus – brain hemorrhage with involuntary stools and urination; patient falls down and screams; with red face
Glonoinum – threatened apoplexy due to sun stroke
Nux Vomica – threatened brain hemorrhage with giddiness; pain and fullness of head; apoplexy in alcoholics
Strontium carb – threatened cerebral hemorrhage from shock after high blood pressure and as a sequence of chronic hemorrhage
Asterias rub – threatened cerebrovascular bleeding; sudden rush of blood to the head.
Cerebral Stroke Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
A Case of Cerebro Vascular Accident – Dr. Niranjan Pai, Dr. Navin Pavaskar