Age – 35yrs
Occupation – Police constable
A 35 yrs old male came to me with Chief complaints:
Watery coryza from alternate nostril since 3yrs
Fluent watery discharge alternate with dryness of nose
Aggravation – morning and evening.
Amelioration – afternoon and night
Associated – NAP (nothing in particular)
He had taken numerous medicines from various specialists and homoeopaths without relief. No medicine since last 15 days.
Physical generals –
- Appetite – good. Can tolerate hunger.
- Desire – spicy
- Aversion – milk
- Intolerance – N A P
- Thirst – average
- Urine – no complaint. No colour changes noted by patient. No pain.
- Stools – satisfactory. No bleeding p/r. No pain before, during, after.
- Perspiration – scanty
- Sleep – sound, refreshing.
- Dreams – routine things that too rarely.
- Habits – N A P
Thermal interpretation – chilly patient
- Bathing – prefer lukewarm water
- Fanning – prefer in low speed
- Season – prefer winter
- Covering – prefer according to season
Past history –
- Recurrent tonsillitis in childhood
Family history –
- Father – ?
- Mother – COPD. Deceased
- Brother – NAD
- Grandparents – ?
Previous investigations do not suggest any deviation in nasal septum.
Case analysis –
This can be called a one sided disease as symptoms are not well defined.
– Coryza morning and evening only
– Aversion to milk
No specific mind symptoms noted except irritability.
Side prominence – ?
Thermals – ambi to chilly
Nose – coryza – aggravation – morning – evening and
The only remedy present in all symptoms is magnesium carb.
Aversion to milk is confirmative for mag carb
Final remedy- Magnesium Carbonicum – Potency – 1M
Mag Carb 1M/1D + sl for 15 days
Advised – breathing exercise
Distress due to coryza decreased.
SL FOR 15 DAYS
No coryza in evening
Watery discharge in morning decreased
No new complaint
SL FOR 1 MONTH
No coryza in morning or evening
No new complaint.
sl for 1 month
Advice – continue breathing exercise and… stop the medicine and enjoy life!