Silicate of Potash
COLD: Weather, dry or wet room; becoming; Winter
Open air; drafts
NIGHT; after MIDNIGHT, evening
Exertion, even slight. Motion. Walking (fast)
Touch and pressure
Coition; sexual excesses
Heat; summer. Covering up
CALCAREOUS. CHILLY. CANCEROUS.
SYPHILITIC. TORPID. DEGENERANT.
- Deep acting chilly and cryophobic; uncompromising chilliness. Considered a chemical Chilly people who are weak and therefore want to keep still and rest; are averse to open air and bath; are constantly taking cold; and waiting for the arrival of summer. Lack of reaction (Psor.); syphiltic base; scrofulous. Emaciation.
- Mucous secretions increased; bloody, offensive, thick, yellow.
- In glands; muscles; under skin; arthritic (gouty). Warts: painful, stinging suppurate (and then wither).
- Scrofulous; swelling of facial, cervical and axillary.
- Trembling all over; esp. in the abdomen. Formications. Pains pressing, sore, cutting. Rheumatism. Lassitude; weak, weary and chilly; must constantly lie down (Psor.).
- Long-lasting weakness after straining muscles; in chest, loins, joints.
- Fatty (as in other KALIs.).
- Small wounds do not heal, go into suppuration.
- Absent-minded, difficult concentration, confusion, forgetfulness, misplaces words, makes mistakes in reading and writing;
- Depressed: Indifference (to everything), wavering, loss of ambition and will power, diffidence, indecision; mentally done up and almost imbecile; at worst, brain fag.
- Weeping disposition. Consolation < the mental set-up. Angry over trifles. Capriciousness. After coition irritable or diffident and timid. Apprehensive anxiety.
- Full of imaginations about dead people. Fantastic illusions. Hysterical. Timid. Restless at night and sadness in the morning.
- Congestion; vertigo; as if intoxicated; inclination to fall backwards; but head cold.
- Headaches: Catarrhal; from any exertion; from depletion; cold exposure. Head sensitive to everything cold; > heat and rest.
- Scrofulous eye troubles. Ophthalmia, > heat, discharge thick, yellow. Lachrymation in cold air. Photophobia to daylight. Conjunctivitis. Eczema around eyes.
- Vision disturbances. Cataract. Corneal opacity. Paralysis of optic nerve.
- Hearing acute, esp. to noises; later deafness (catarrhal). Congested, from cold; tinnitus (flapping, roaring). Pain esp. right, > heat.
- Otorrhea; thick, offensive, purulent and bloody.
- Recurrent catarrhs. Frequent sneezing. Discharge acrid, bloody, offensive, thick, greenish or yellow.
- Dryness and great soreness of nose. Swelling. Obstruction. Crust formation. Ulceration.
- Lips dry, cracked, ulcerated, crusts on lower. Glands parotid and submaxillary inflamed, swollen.
- Discoloration: Bluish, red, pale. Moist eczema.
- Dry, no thirst. Swollen gums and tongue. Fetor. Aphthae. Swollen tonsils, impeding swallowing.
- Appetite ravenous but more usually lost. Averse to meat.
- Worse after: Cold food and drink, milk, fats. Tight, heavy, distended feeling in stomach and abdomen from obstructed flatulence, > after belching. Hiccough.
- Nausea: With vertigo or headache, < after eating.
- Vomiting: Watery, bilious, of ingesta; after coughing.
- Cold feeling or anxiety in stomach. Pain in liver region.
- Constriction of anus; during stool. Itching after stool. Soreness, cutting pains. Ulcerating, protruding, bleeding piles. Fistula.
- Constipation or diarrhea; worse during menses. Dysentery.
- Bladder catarrh. Micturition slow to start, leaves unfinished sensation, dribbling.
- Urine: Cloudy, red sediment. Urine burns.
- Induration or swelling of testes. Desire first increased, then lost. Seminal emissions.
- Soreness in genitals. Pruritus and eruptions on. Dragging down feeling in pelvis; prolapse; labor-like pains at menses.
- Menses: Too early or late, intermittent flow, offensive; suppressed.
- Leucorrhea: Excoriating, yellow.
- Catarrh of air passages and chest. While lying dyspnea and violent, spasmodic and paroxysmal cough, (resembling whooping cough).
- Expectoration: Morning, purulent, viscid, yellow, bloody.
- Stitching in chest on inspiring and coughing. Abscess of lung. Dropsy of pleura. Phthisis. Orgasms, from chest to head. Great weakness of chest (Stann.).
- Palpitation on excitement, exertion.
- Feels cold. Pain; during menses. Lumbago; weak feeling in. Stiff neck. Whole spine is sore.
- Stiffness (all over). Rheumatic/bruised pains. Formication. Cramps in hands and calves.
- Pain in joints; sprained feeling; arthritic nodosities.
- Twitching (esp. thighs). Hands crack in cold weather. Hip-joint disease. Paralysis, esp. lower limbs.
- Restless sleep.
- Dreams: Of dead people, death, water, frightful, nightmares.
- Tension in. Dry. Cracks in. Old scars become painful (Graph.). Liver spots. Itching, > heat. Pimples.
- Eczema; stubborn cases, , Psor., Sulph. etc. failing. Scabby eruptions, after scratching. Nodular urticaria. Herpes. Intertrigo. Ulcers; discharge bloody, purulent. Lupus. Wounds do not heal.
- Chill: One sided; with thirst, < cold, > heat.
- Fever: Alternating with sweat. Flushes of heat.
- Sweat: Easy; nightly (during sleep); of palms; offensive, of feet and between toes; checked in cold air produces many symptoms.
- Compare: Kali-ar., Graph., Psor. (a nearest analogue and counterpart), , X-ray.
- Alum-sil. is ataxic., Calc-sil. is a poly-(stubborn-) chronic, Kali-sil. is catarrhal, Nat-sil. is irritated and all are cold and chilly and imclude several features.
Leave a Comment