Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for Gonorrhea or Gleet? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of Gonorrhea along with the best homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea treatment.
Gonorrhea is an infectious sexually transmitted disease caused by bacteria.
Affects both male and female. In both sex it cause inflammation of genito-urinary tract i.e. genital organ and urinary organs. Primarily individuals between 15–24 years of age are affected.
What causes Gonorrhea?
Neisseria gonorrhoeae, also known as gonococcus (singular), or gonococci (plural) is a bacteria responsible for gonorrhea.
Neisseria gonorrhoeae affects genitals, throat, and eyes. The incubation period is 2 to 14 days, with most symptoms appearing between 4 and 6 days after infection.
Asymptomatic infection is common in males and females. Untreated infection may spread to the rest of the body (disseminated gonorrhea infection), especially the joints (septic arthritis). Untreated infection in women may cause pelvic inflammatory disease and possible infertility.
How it spreads?
There are two mode of infection –
Sexual transmission – N. gonorrhoeae may be transmitted through vaginal, oral, or anal sex with infected person.
Nonsexual transmission– It can also be transmitted to the newborn during passage through the birth canal if the mother has untreated gonorrhea.
Homeopathic treatment of Gonorrhea
Antibiotic can kill the organism but do not heal the damage of the organ. Discharges are suppressed superficially which results in more deep pathology.
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea is not only to treat gonorrhea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat gonorrhea that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of gonorrhea:
- Thuja occidentalis
- Natrum sulph
- Hydrastis can
- Argentum nitricum
- Cannabis sativa
- Nitric acid
- Inflammation of prepuce and glans
- Pain in penis.
- Chronic induration of testicles.
- Pain and burning felt near neck of bladder, with frequent and urgent desire to urinate.
- Prostatic enlargement
- Vagina very sensitive
- Profuse leucorrhoea; thick, greenish.
- Severe pain in left ovary and left inguinal region.
- Menses scanty, retarded.
- Ovaritis; worse left side, at every menstrual period.
- Profuse perspiration before menses.
A powerful and deep-acting homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea, often indicated for chronic ailments due to suppressed gonorrhoea. For women with chronic pelvic disorders.
- Nocturnal emissions, followed by great weakness.
- Gleet; whole urethra feels sore. Urethritis.
- Enlarged and painful prostate with frequent urging and painful urination.
- Leucorrhoea thin, acrid, excoriating, fishy odor.
- Ovarian pain, worse left side, or from ovary to ovary.
- Intense menstrual colic.
- Breasts cold, sore, and sensitive.
- Gonorrhoea, acute stage; urethra very sensitive.
- Urine retained, with obstinate constipation.
- Painful urging. Micturition in split stream.
- Stitches in urethra. Inflamed sensation, with soreness to touch.
- Burning while urinating, extending to bladder.
- Urine scalding, with spasmodic closure of sphincter.
- Walks with legs apart.
- Dragging in testicles. Zigzag pain along urethra.
- Sexual overexcitement.
- Stoppage of urethra by mucus and pus.
- A homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea for complaints are such as is due to living in damp houses, basements, cellars.
- They are worse in rainy weather, water in any form.
- Feels every change from dry to wet; cannot even eat plants growing near water, nor fish. Always feels best in warm, dry air.
- Leucorrhoea yellowish-green, following gonorrhoea in female.
- Leucorrhoea with hoarseness.
- In male discharges are greenish. Gonorrhoea; discharge thick, greenish with little pain.
- Acts especially on mucous membranes, relaxing them and producing a thick, yellowish, ropy secretion.
- The catarrh may be anywhere,-throat, stomach, uterus, urethra,-it is always characterized by this peculiar mucous discharge.
- Hydrastis is especially active in old, easily-tired people, cachectic individuals, with great debility.
- In male gonorrhoea, second stage; discharge thick and yellow.
- In female erosion and excoriation of cervix.
- Leucorrhoea, worse after menses acrid and corroding, shreddy, tenacious. Menorrhagia.
- Itching of vulva, with profuse leucorrhoea.
Wonderful medicine for opthalmia neonatrum, where neonate get infected from mother during vaginal delivery.
- Inner canthi swollen and red.
- Spots before the vision.
- Blurred vision. Photophobia in warm room.
- Purulent ophthalmia.
- Great swelling of conjunctiva; discharge abundant and purulent.
- Margin of lids; sore, thick, swollen.
- Unable to keep eyes fixed steadily. Eye-strain from sewing; worse in warm room.
- Aching tired feeling in eyes, better closing or pressing upon them.
- Useful in restoring power to the weakened ciliary muscles.
- Paretic condition of ciliary muscle.
- Acute granular conjunctivitis
- homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea with chancres and warts; urethra burns; smarting during urination; discharge from urethra sometimes bloody.
- Chronic yellow vaginal discharge; chronic gonorrhea, yellow, with little lumps along urethra.
- Old gonorrhea with thick, yellow discharge.
- Gonorrhea in first stage with severe chordee; irritable urethra in old mismanaged cases, with nervous depression, so that he thinks constantly of his ailments.
- Suppression of gonorrhea causes epididymitis; testicles enlarged, retracted, dark-red, very sensitive to touch.
- Condylomata from suppressing the gonorrhea; chronic mucus discharges without pain or burning when urinating; milky or yellowish discharge.
- Long standing cases of gonorrhea; slight, shreddy discharge; gonorrhea, with thick, foeted pus, especially after exertion.
- Chronic gonorrhea; gleet; discharge of yellow pus; cutting pain in urethra.
- Gonorrhea of females; gnawing, smarting discharge, causing soreness of the parts with which it comes in contact.
- Chronic gonorrhea in anemic persons.
- Orchitis during gonorrhea or when the discharge was suppressed; scanty bloody discharge; intense pain when urinating.
Risk factors of Gonorrhea infection
- Multiple sexual partners
- Low socioeconomic status
- Lack of contraceptives
- Men who have sex with men
Sign and symptoms of Gonorrhea
As the infection affects both male and female, symptoms are noted according to the organ affected.
Symptoms in female patients
Cervicitis – it is the inflammation of cervix. Symptoms include-
- Pain during intercourse.
- Purulent, yellow, offensive discharge.
- Bleeding between menstrual cycle or on slightest manipulation.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) – infection spreads beyond uterine cervix and affects uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and surrounding tissues. Symptoms include-
- Pain in lower abdomen and pelvis.
- Pain during intercourse
- Abnormal menstrual discharge
- Intermenstrual discharge.
Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome – pelvic infection spreads upward to the liver or chest. Symptoms include-
- Nausea, vomiting
- Pain in right upper quadrant of abdomen(Liver region)
- Pain in chest if lungs are involved.
Bartholinitis – The Bartholin’s glands are two pea sized compound glands located slightly posterior and both side of the opening of the vagina. They secrete mucus to lubricate the vagina. Inflammation of these glands are termed as bartholinitis. Symptoms include-
- Excessive discharge from gland
Symptoms in male patients
- Inflammation of penis/ urethra
- Burning during micturation
- Pain during micturation
- Urethral discharge
- Pain in scrotum
Disseminated Gonococcal infection
If the infection is maltreated or left untreated it may spread to other organs. This is more common in women than men (4:1). It includes-
- Joint affection – pain and inflammation of multiple joints. Joints pain is wandering type of pain.
- Skin affection – vesicular, pustular, or maculopapular lesions.Most commonly distributed on the trunk, extremities (sometimes involving the palms and soles)
- Additional manifestations – fever and chills (especially in the acute phase)
Diagnosis of Gonorrhea
Diagnosis is based on isolation of bacteria from body discharges. For this following specimens are taken –
- Swab specimens of secretions: urine, urethra, endocervix, pharynx
These specimens are used for Gonococcal gram stain or Gonococcal culture to note the presence of bacteria.
Conventional treatment of Gonorrhea
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea can be treated with the antibiotic ceftriaxone, given as an injection in combination with either azithromycin (Zithromax, Zmax) or doxycycline (Monodox, Vibramycin, others).
- Oral gemifloxacin (Factive) or injectable gentamicin, combined with oral azithromycin, is used in treating gonorrhea. This treatment may be helpful in treating people who are allergic to cephalosporin antibiotics, such as ceftriaxone.
The above information about homeopathy treatment of Gonorrhea is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for Gonorrhea.